CUMBRIA PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICES
The Egremont PhysioFirst team help to restore movement and function to as near normal as possible when someone is affected by injury, illness or by developmental or other disability. As a health care profession, our physiotherapists have a strong scientific foundation that covers a broad and varied range of work which involves working with people to promote their own health and well being.
People are often referred for physiotherapy by doctors or other health and social care professionals. Increasingly, as a result of changes in health care, people are self referring directly to Egremont PhysioFirst Limited without the need to have previously been seen by any other health care professional.
Some of the more common neuro-musculoskeletal injuries and symptoms we can help with include:
- Low Back Pain and Neck Pain - muscular back pain, facet joint pain or pain from a prolapsed or herniated intervertebral disc (often called a slipped disc).
- Sprains (ligament injuries) e.g. shoulder, knee, elbow, wrist, hip and ankle sprains.
- Strains (muscular injuries) e.g. hamstring, quadriceps and groin strains.
- Tendonitis e.g. elbow or rotator cuff and Achilles tendonitis.
- Joint Problems e.g. joint swelling, joint stiffness, joint pain, recovery from orthopaedic surgery, and Arthritis.
- Neurological Rehabilitation recovery from a stroke, managing long term illness injuries like multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, and acquired brain injuries.
SPORTS INJURY TREATMENT CUMBRIA
The Egremont PhysioFirst team of physiotherapists all have their own involvement and experience in high level sport, where early recovery is key, and we can draw on our diverse experience which will bring to bear on your individual case.
Whether post-operative recovery, a sports or everyday injury, let us guide you through all stages of recovery:
- Comprehensive Assessment and Investigation
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Functional Rehabilitation
- A safe and timely return to activity
In addition, we can offer via appointment only:
- Full deep tissue sports massage x 1 hour £60
- Running and biomechanical assessments including specialist prescription only orthotics £100
- Triathlon / Biking Biomechanical Assessments £75
occupational health & Ergonomics
CUMBRIA OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY SERVICES
Egremont PhysioFirst Limited provides expert occupational health and ergonomic assessments / management to a number of major employers. By tackling problems early on the chances of these becoming long lasting is reduced. This improves the health and well-being of the working population and result in significant costs savings for companies.
What we offer:
- Physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation of work-relevant injuries which can be provided on site or in an off site treatment centre
- Manual Handling Training
- Return to Work Planning and Work Hardening
- Education about Injury Prevention in the Workplace
- Ergonomics Workplace Assessments (including DSE)
- Health Promotion
- Job Task Analysis and advice on modifications
- Occupational and Vocational Rehabilitation
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Helping employers meet their obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
- Advice on compliance with Health and Safety obligations; specialist knowledge of manual handling and physical ergonomics in the office and workplace
- Communication and reporting to facilitate return to work
WEST CUMBRIA ACUPUNCTURE SERVICES
At Egremont PhysioFirst Limited we offer acupuncture as one of our many skills as part of an integrated approach to the management of pain and inflammation.
Egremont PhysioFirst Limited Physiotherapists base their treatments on scientific research and clinical evidence that Acupuncture can reduce pain by stimulating the brain and spinal cord to produce natural pain-relieving chemicals such as endorphins, melatonin (which promotes sleep) and serotonin (to promote well-being), to name but a few. These chemicals assist the body's healing processes and offer pain relief as a precursor to other treatments such as manual therapy or exercise in order to aid recovery.
women's health services
WEST CUMBRIA WOMEN'S HEALTH SERVICES
Are you having low back pain or pelvic pain during pregnancy?
Pain persisting post childbirth?
Are you leaking urine when coughing, sneezing or laughing?
Are you having difficulty controlling your bladder throughout the day or night?
Are you having difficulty making it to the toilet on time?
At Egremont PhysioFirst Ltd we offer a pro-active approach in the assessment and management of these complaints. Practical solutions are offered to improve continence and pain during pregnancy.
For further information please contact Egremont PhysioFirst on 01946 825402
Download our Information Leaflet:
Womens Health Services - Leaflet